FREE to access e-learning module
This e-learning module is open to anyone who wishes to learn more about management of alcohol use disorders, including how the commissioning process works. It will be of particular interest to GPs, nurses and pharmacists and other primary care practitioners.
When you have completed this e-learning module, you will:
- Be aware of the scale of alcohol related harm in the UK on individuals, families and communities.
- Be familiar with commissioning processes and structures for alcohol services in England.
- Have knowledge of evidence based integrated care pathways for alcohol use disorders.
- Have knowledge of comprehensive assessment of alcohol problems - treatment goals.
- Understand treatment responses to alcohol use disorders including primary secondary and tertiary responses.
- Understand the role of clinical interventions in the treatment of alcohol use disorders.
- Be familiar with a range of physical and mental health problems which result from alcohol use.
- Have knowledge of "special groups" of people with alcohol use disorders including those with mental health problems.
The notional learning time is 1 hour.
On completion a Certificate of Completion is issued.
If you find this free training useful please consider donating to the SMMGP so we can continue to develop new resources for the future.
SMMGP is a Registered Charity (#1144964)